Horrific January

What a horrible three weeks this has been.

On top of all the losses from 2015, global markets dived in January by nearly 10%.

My 401K saw all my contributions from the entire 2015 turn into losses. A massive sea of red in my account that will take all of 2016 to recover.

These lurching swings eat away at my confidence daily, leading me to feel exhausted and hopeless. The horror of the presidential election, the sexual abuse in Cologne, it's just been a terrible start to 2015 from every respect. It feels like all good intentions of 2015 are being attacked by hideous people around the world. Trump, Palin, moronic Tea Party Republicans, sexually primative Syrian refugees, the Koch brothers. It's all just disgusting, like all the awful energies of the world are just being fueled by some awful destructive energy right now.

Even my garden seems to be rebelling against me, with a huge die off of my beautiful apintinea getting worse and covering the ground in rotting vegetation.

Sylvia had to borrow money just before the end of the year just to make her credit card payments and avoid huge fees. She used all the cash I received from the BMW repair and her parents gifts to me.

 I feel sucked dry by the constant demands of my family, the inability of my wife and kids to help sufficiently around the house,  and the uncontrolled nature of the assets that underpin our net worth. It makes the future seem just depressing and hopeless.

I did some great work during the holidays redesigning my financial independence plan, only to see all that energy destroyed by the markets. Completely depressing.