Vista Grande

What a creation! It started with me going on my weekly Couser Canyon ride. I bumped into That Hutton at the bottom of his driveway as I departed for my ride. He told me to drop by for a glass off wine on the way back, which I did. Three hours and two bottles of red later, we had solved the worlds problems and started to talk about the Vista Grande piece of land. I said it would be my dream to build amazing white contemporary houses on the hill and we started drunkenly brainstorming the possibilities of that.

Turns out Thad has been doing a lot more thinking about this than I expected, and was totally into my entire Mallorca Modern concept. We talked about the house values in our neighbourhood including the sale of 1.3 million and the new listing also for 1.3 million, how big the houses would need to be make economic sense.

His focus is on the ECO nature of the houses, with solar cells, battery options, passive solar heating and cooling, and orientation towards the amazing views.

Thad has very rich friends, the sort of people that could buy that piece of land and bankroll the entire build process without breaking a sweat. His big current client bought a 10 million dollar house in order to bull doze it and build a 20 million dollar house.... And that doesn't include his private polo estate in Montecito...

The next day Thad called his investor, the real estate agent and his friend John on the city council.

I would be the overall project manager, Thad would handle land sales and investor relations, and John would help get the city council approvals process through smoothly. We'd all get to choose the prime lots and the model homes could even become our personal properties.

The end result would be 24 3500 - 4500 ft ECO homes built in the Mallorca Modern style, valued at 1.1 - 1.5 million in about five years.  The total revenue from the home sales would be about 30 million.