2020 Wealth Management Beliefs

What rich people do.
  1. Rich people consistently spend less than they make. Poor people spend more than they make
  2. Rich people are happier saving their money. Poor people are happier spending their money.
  3. Rich people believe: “I create my life.” Poor people believe: “Life happens to me.”
  4. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
  5. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people dream about to be rich.
  6. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
  7. Rich people focus on finding opportunities to make money. Poor people focus on the obstacles to making money.
  8. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people. 
  9. Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people. 
  10. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
  11. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
  12. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
  13. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
  14. Rich people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.
  15. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
  16. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money.
  17. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
  18. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
  19. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
  20. Rich people are empowered, energized and freed by the money they have. Poor people are dis-empowered, de-energized and trapped by their lack of money.
How do I measure up

1. Rich people consistently spend less than they make. Poor people spend more than they make

What emotion do I feel when spending less than I make?
I feel responsible but boring and unexciting.

What emotion do I feel when spending more than I make?
Spending more than I make creates stress and panic.
What emotion do I want to feel when spending less than I make?
I want to feel blissful calm and safety because my bank accounts grow every single month.

2. Rich people are happier saving their money. Poor people are happier spending their money.

What emotion do I feel when I am saving money?
Saving makes me feel virtuous and like I'm being good.

What emotion do I feel when spending money?
Spending makes me feel nervous and worried.
What emotion do I want to feel when spending money
I want to feel clear, calm and excited because spending money means I am creating what I value in my life.

3. Rich people believe: “I create my life.” Poor people believe: “Life happens to me.”

What emotion do I feel when I am creating my life: 
Creating my life is hard work and I often feel alone in taking responsibility to generate new ideas, convince others to take action, and make things happen.

What emotion do I feel when life is happening to me?
I feel calm because there is nothing to do, I just need to react.

4. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.

My old story about playing the money game: 
"You have to have a lot of money to make money, and I'll never have enough"

My new story about playing the money game:
"I have the skill, the time, and the money to successfully invest and grow our wealth to achieve permanent financial independence"

5. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people dream about to be rich.

My old story about being rich: 
"I don't have the right personality to become rich. I'm just not pushy and aggressive enough"

My new story about being rich:
"I'm committed to energize every action I take to become rich"

6. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.

My old story about thinking big: 
" I'm just not pushy and aggressive enough to make big deals and get rich in business"

My new story about thinking big:
"I continually push myself to imagine the emotional experience of what it means to think big financially"

7. Rich people focus on finding opportunities to make money. Poor people focus on the obstacles to making money.

My old story about finding opportunities: 
"My family didn't come from money, so I never came into contact with people that could offer me financial opportunities"

My new story about finding opportunities:
"I'm actively feeling the space of possibility in my own consciousness. From that that space, ideas for financial opportunities occur to me effortlessly"

8. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.

My old story about admiring other rich and successful people. 
"Rich and successful people have something I just don't have, that's why they are rich and I am not"

My new story about admiring other rich and successful people:
"I actively feeling being rich in all its detail"


9 Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.

My old story about associating with positive, successful people. 
""

My new story about associating with positive, successful people.
"I actively feeling associating with positive people in all its detail"


Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.

Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.

Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.

Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.

Rich people think “both”. Poor people think “either/or”.

Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money.
Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.
Rich people are empowered, energized and freed by the money they have. Poor people are dis-empowered, de-energized and trapped by their lack of money.

  1. I've been meticulous and focused on building net worth for the last 20 years. 
  2. I've been detail orientated and focused on financial details.
  3. I focused on a well paying salaried job in order to have money to consistently save and invest.
  4. I bought three homes and sold two, making profits on each.
  5. I bought assets using before paying taxes on my income, by saving and investing in my 401K
  6. I focused on knowing my net worth every month, so I could see what causes it to change and what financial strategies are working.
  7. I've worked on my emotions around money, investing, and being wealthy.