2020 - Post Grimlinghauser Strasse Process

What is the future event that you want to work on?
I want to work on what will happen when Grimlinghauserstrasse is sold.

When I put my attention on Grimlinghauser Strasse being sold, what are my emotions?

I am feeling a mixture of relief, elation and nervousness.

The relief is because the whole process of her fathers's death, her mothers dementia has bee a huge source of stress in our lives. Too much attention has been consumed by it and fixed on it. Having the house sold will release some of that fixed attention.

The nervousness is because the responsibility of advising Sylvia how to manage the money without it simply running through her hands creates enormous pressure for me.

I know if I do not succeed in to a large extent controlling what she does with that money, she will simply spend it all within 2-3 years on promoting her business and doing more self develop course, probably without success, and neither succeed in creating income from her business, and then waste the opportunity to grow our family wealth through smart investment.

But I also fear that my own investing skills are not sufficient to grow it either.

When I put my attention on Grimlinghauser Strasse being sold, what are my beliefs?

I have a belief that money just disappears when invested. Investment fees, losses and spending mean money saved only ever gets smaller, never bigger. This is disappointing, depressing, and makes me feel hopeless and powerless. This belief persists despite the fact that I successfully grew our net worth 600% in the last decade. My observation of Sylvia over the years strengthens this belief because she has never saved a single dollar long term in the entire time we are married. She has absolutely no concept of either saving or investing, despite having a shelf full of books on money.

I have a fear that Sylvia would make money she received from her mother disappear. Sylvia can be  very persuasive and will come up with many ideas about how to 'invest' despite the reality that she has absolutely no skills at evaluating any type of investment. Resisting her ideas consumes a lot of time and attention, as it plays into my owns desires just to have miraculous financial success appear as if by magic.

What ideas and emotions do you want to place in your space of possibility, instead of these fears and beliefs.

I want to feel that Sylvia and I are able to together research and execute a wealth strategy that will ensure that the money from her parents house grows in the future securely and continuously, and this process will be successful, exciting and joyous.

Do I currently have a belief that Sylvia can change her financial habits enough to allow this to occur. 

No, I see very little so far that indicates she is acting differently. It makes me doubt the future of our marriage, when something as big as this is overwhelming for me, and takes the joy out of her receiving this unbelievable financial gift.